The First Home News Editorial Team is made up of professional and amateur writers including several team members from our digital PR and social media specialist Prohibition.
Top 7 blogs for financial adviceFinance, Mortgages November 7, 2014 - 11:43 am No Comment
Buying your first home is exciting, but can be equally as nerve wracking. It is a major decision which requires a lot of research, planning and most importantly; financial budgeting. Once you have raised afunds for your deposit, you may be left struggling financially; however by finding ways to make a little extra money, starting to manage your living expenses more effectively and spending your money more wisely you will soon find a more stable financial footing. Here is our guide to the best blogs on the internet if you’re these helpful hints and tips than from some of the best and most influential finance blogs.
- Couple Money (@elle_cm) centres on finding ways to build your finances together as a couple, and aims to educate couples on ways to live on one income whilst having fun with the other! Check out their posts on how to pay off your debt faster, how to build your savings and ways to earn more in the meantime.
- Magical Penny (@magicalpenny) is a personal finance blog which strives to “help you to grow your pennies through conscious spending, automatic saving, and simple, low cost investing”. His posts range from turning your hobby into a money maker, varying house prices, energy comparison shopping and helpful tips when getting a mortgage. It’s definitely a helpful one for a first time home buyer.
- Young Adult Money (@davidcarlson1 ) encourages the balance of earning more and spending less, something which can seem like an impossible task. Again this is one to help those of you in your 20s and 30s, with the blog covering topics as diverse as real estate, making more money, cutting expenses and even travel. This blog should be the go to guide for all financial savvy young adults.
- Help me to save (@karenbryan) is a blog devoted to helping you spend less, save money and enjoy life. Not only is there advice offered on money saving tips, but posts also focus on providing helpful ideas for making money and ways of managing your living expenses more effectively.
- Master the Art of Saving (@MasterTAOSaving) is a blog written for those who want financial tips written in an everyday conversational style. Created by Jen Perkins, the site states outright that it is not a professional financial service, but is a source for easy to read tips and advice. Although it is American, it has a readership that far exceeds that nation, and the tips and advice can easily be applied to UK home owners looking for financial tips.
- Young and Thrifty (@youngandthrifty) Kyle and Justin created Young and Thrifty when they left University after having beaten student financial issues. Having then been faced with new financial challenges as young adults such as making investments and getting a mortgage, they have turned to blogging to offer tips from their experience. They now cover all bases on the key issues for first time buyers such as investing, banking, taxes, real estate, and ways to monitor your day-to-day spending habits.
- Phillip Taylor Money (@PTMoney) is all about finding ways to build wealth, spend money wisely and make extra income. This blog will help you to discover the best rates when it comes to credit cards, bank accounts and even mortgages. Phillip gives his top tips on saving money, spending wisely and making extra money a read to stay financially secure and savvy.
Have we missed off your go-to blog when you’re looking for sound financial advice? If so, make sure you drop us a comment below.
You might also like these articles.
Understanding Stamp Duty
You hardly need reminding that it’s tough to to be a first time buyer. But ...read more
Five mistakes First Home Buyers make and how to avoid them
The day you buy your first home will most probably be one of the biggest ...read more